Professional Counseling Services
Dr. Patrick Caffrey provides a broad range of counseling and assessment services in Psychological, Neuropsychological, and Vocational specialty areas. He also provides forensic services, courtroom services including expert witness testimony cases, licensing evaluations, and services as a teacher/lecturer.
Comprehensive assessment of brain function using Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Battery and allied procedures. Evaluations assess:
- attention, concentration, and memory
- problem solving and judgment
- language functions and processing speed
- visuospatial and constructional skills
- proprioception, sensory perceptual functions, and motor functions
- emotional status
All evaluations include performance validity and symptom validity testing to rule out response bias, suboptimal performance and to establish test-taker credibility.
Assessment of emotional status using valid and reliable assessment tools to diagnose and treat emotional disturbances, including:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder, Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
- Personality Disorders, and Adjustment Disorders
All evaluations include symptom validity testing to rule out over-reporting, under-reporting, or the production of recurrent and multiple medical symptoms with no discernable organic cause.
Assessment of employability and earnings capacity in context of work related injuries:
- Includes Intelligence, Scholastic Achievement, Career Interest and Emotional Status
- Vocational research using the U.S. Department of Labor publications: Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT), Bureau of Labor Statistics, and related references; i.e., O*NET Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Additional services include Labor Market Surveys, Ergonomic Job Analysis, Career Guidance and Job Placement assistance
Dr. Caffrey provides services to attorneys as an expert witness in the three defined specialty areas: Neuropsychological, Psychological and Vocational. Courts have recognized Dr. Caffrey as an expert in these three areas.
See more about Dr. Caffrey’s courtroom services.
All options above include a comprehensive diagnostic interview and review of available records. All reports are delivered in 10 to 14 days of the examination (guaranteed) and include all standard scores and impairment ratings.